Diabetes is a disease which affects the production and supply of insulin in the body. The two most common types are Type1 & type 2 diabetes.
The person has either high blood glucose (blood sugar), or insulin production is inadequate, or the body’s cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. Patients with high blood sugar will experience frequent urination or will feel thirsty and hungry.
Facts on diabetes
- Diabetes is a condition that causes high blood sugar levels.
- In Type 1 Diabetes the body does not produce insulin.
- In Type 2 Diabetes the body does not produce enough insulin for proper function.
- Gestational Diabetes – this type of diabetes affects females during pregnancy.
- The most common diabetes symptoms include frequent urination, intense thirst, hunger, weight gain or unusual weight loss, fatigue, cuts & bruises that do not heal, sexual dysfunction in male, numbness & tingling in hands and feet.
How to improve your life?
Follow a healthy eating plan, do adequate exercise, and take insulin to lead a normal life. For Type 2, patients need to follow a healthy lifestyle with physical activity, and test blood glucose to keep a track on your glucose level. You may also require to take oral medication, and/or insulin to control blood glucose levels.
The risk factor of cardiovascular disease is much higher for a diabetic, therefore, it is imperative that blood pressure and cholesterol levels are monitored regularly.
As we all know smoking do more harm than good, so you should stop smoking.
What are the SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS?
There could be many signs and symptoms of high blood sugar including:
- Blurry vision
- Increased thirst/ hunger
- Fatigue/ tiredness
- Urinating often
- Weight loss/ gain
Diabetes is a problem that can affect children and adults both so it is imperative to take good care of your health so that we can reduce or eliminate these diseases from our life. At Adiva Hospitals we believe in treating the patient not only with medicines but also through counseling. We make you live your life the way you wanted to, just adding few healthy habits and care.
So when it comes to the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, we primarily suggest making lifestyle changes to ensure a happy life. But with it, one should continue proper medication/ treatment.
There is no cure for type 1 diabetes
General treatment involves medicines, diet, and exercise that control blood sugar level and prevent symptoms and problems.