Name: Dr. Sohail Abbas
Designation: Sr. Consultant Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Areas of Expertise: Orthopaedics
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), DLO (ENT)
- Thesis titled “Diffusion tensor imaging observation in pott’s spine with/without
neurological deficit” submitted to University of Delhi in May 2013.
- Title: Diffusion tensor imaging observation in Pott’s spine with or
without neurological deficit. as First author in Indian J Orthop. 2015 May- Jun;49(3):289-99. doi: 10.4103/0019-5413.156195. PMID: 26015628 [PubMed] PMCID: PMC4443410
Fellowship in joint replacement surgery at University hospital Kerry, Ireland from 2nd
august to 21st august 2016
APOA travelling fellowship at Malaysia form 24th april to 30th april 2017 Fellowship in Joint replacement and arthroscopy knee surgery at Natcare hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa from 22nd October to 14th November 2017.
- Presented poster title “Neglected surgically intervened bilateral congenital dislocation
of knee in a 12 years old boy” at Delhi Orthopaedic Association Annual Conference
(DOACON)-2012 on 4th November 2012.
- Presented paper titled “Diffusion tensor imaging observation in pott’s spine with or
without neurological deficit.” in PG paper competition at Delhi Orthopaedic Association
Annual Conference (DOACON)-2013 on 10th November 2013.
- Presented paper in PT Rao medal session titled “Diffusion tensor imaging observation
in pott’s spine with/without neurological deficit.” In the 58th Annual conference of the
Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOACON)-2013 on 7th December 2013.
- Presented 2 cases at inter-departmental Clinico-pathological conferences
COURSES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED (in chronological order)
- M.A.M.C. SKILLS & LIFE SUPPORT COURSE on “Surgical Skills and Life Support Techniques” held on 1st & 2 nd December 2006 at MAMC, New Delhi.
- Attended 21st National Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course held at Metro Hospitals &
Cancer Institute Preet Vihar, Delhi and LHMC, New Delhi from 19th to 21st December,
- Attended Post Graduate Teaching & Cadaveric Dissection Workshop in Head & Neck
surgery-2010 held at Base Hospital Delhi Cantt, Army College of Medical sciences, New
Delhi from 22nd to 24th January 2010.
- Participated in TRAINING ON ADOLESCENT REPRODUCTIVE AND SEXUAL HEALTH FOR
MEDICAL OFFICERS Conducted by Health & Family welfare Training Centre, Govt of
Delhi from 27th July to 29th July 2010.
- Participated in SENSITIZATION TRAINING ON RCH & NRHM ISSUES Conducted by
District Training Centre, IDHS North, Delhi from 25th October to 27th October 2010.
- Participated in CONTRACEPTIVE UPDATE at the District Training Centre, IDHS North,
Delhi on 9th February 2011
- Participated in 4 DAY TRAINING IN DPMR (LEPROSY) Organised by Directorate of Health
Services Govt. of NCT of Delhi on 23th February to 26th February 2011.
- Participated in SAFE IMMUNIZATION INJECTION PRACTICES TRAINING PROGRAMME
FOR MEDICAL OFFICERS Conducted by Health & Family welfare Training Centre, Govt of
Delhi from 3rd March to 4th March 2011
- CME & workshop on Musculoskeletal Imaging organised by DOA on 5th August 2012 at
- AO Trauma Introduction course on 18th August 2012 at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Symposium on “Commonly Missed Injuries” organised by DOA at Indian Habitat Centre,
New Delhi on 9th September 2012.
- Attended 2 nd AAOS Orthopaedic Trauma Conclave on 16th September 2012.
- Attended XVIIth B. Mukhopadhaya PG Instructional Course at Indore from 17th to 20th
- Attended XVth MAMC PG Instructional Course from 13th to 16th November 2013.
- Attended Cadaveric Workshop on Basic TKR at MAMC, New Delhi, Organized by Delhi
Orthopaedic association on 1st November 2014.
- Attended SYMPOSIUM CUM HANDS ON WORKSHOP ON CURRENT CONCEPT IN
TREATMENT OF PROXIMAL FEMORAL FRACTURES on 17th May, 2015 at Ghaziabad. UP
- Attended CME cum Hands-on Workshop On “COMPLEX FRACTURES IN ORTHOPEDIC
TRAUMA” On 7th June, 2015 at New Delhi.
- Attended Cadaveric hands on dissection course in Orthopaedics at AIIMS, New Delhi,
On 14th June, 2015.
- Attended DOA SPINE COURSE at maulana azad medical college, new delhi on 10th july,
CONFERENCES (in chronological order)
- Attended XII INTERNATIONAL AIDS CONFERENCE 2004 (BANGKOK) Organised by
MAMC & Associated Hospitals in collaboration with Delhi State AIDS Control Society,
National AIDS Control Organization & World Bank from 11th July to 16th July 2004.
- Attended International Symposium on “Current Trends in Cancer XXII MAMC
International Surgery Update 2005” – a technology transfer program Organized by
Dept. of Surgery, MAMC, University of Delhi from 25th September to 1st October 2005.
- Attended 17th ANNUAL CONFERENCE INDIAN SOCIETY OF OTOLOGY- ISOCON-2008 at
MAMC, New Delhi from 6-8 th November 2008.
- Attended Dr. K T DHOLAKIA IOACON CME on COMPLICATIONS IN ADULT LOWER
EXTREMITY TRAUMA- PREVENTION & MANAGEMENT on 8 TH December, 2011
conducted at Ghaziabad- Noida.
- Attended Delhi Orthopaedic Association’s Annual Conference (DOACON)-2012 on 3rd & 4th November 2012.
- Attended Delhi Orthopaedic Association’s Annual Conference (DOACON)-2013 on 9th &
10th November 2013.
- Attended Indian Orthopaedic Association’s Annual Conference (IOACON)-2013 held at
Agra from 6th to 8th December 2013
- Attended Current Concepts in Arthroplasty 2014 at AIIMS, New Delhi, from 16-17th
- Attended as delegate in FOCUS-KNEE Conducted at New delhi, India on May 10th, 2015.
- Attended as delegate in Elite Arthroplasty Congress 2015 on November 14 & 15, 2015 at
- Research volunteer in the multi-centric study i.e. International Orthopaedic
Multicenter Fracture Study (INORMUS) conducted in 2011-2012, funded by Mc Master
University, Canada. The study was conducted by veterans like Dr. Mohit Bhandari,
Prof. Mandeep Dhillon, Prof. P. Kotwal & Dr. Parag Sancheti.
- Awarded 3rd Position for Best Poster at DOACON-2012 held at Indian Spinal Injuries
Center, Vasant kunj, New Delhi for the poster title “Neglected surgically intervened
bilateral congenital dislocation of knee in a 12 years old boy” on 4th November 2012.